I really like the Golden Chick's roasted chicken, but I have found it difficult to get some, let me explain. A couple of months ago I went to the Golden Chick in Princeton and they were completely out of chicken, yes they are a chicken resturant. I found this so funny and of course I was also disappointed.
Rich and I went fishing this past weekend about 7 miles from the Princeton Golden Chick and when we were to leave I suggested that we get roasted chicken from them for dinner and Rich agreed. I looked up on my phone the number to call them, to make sure that they did have some roasted chicken. I did this sort of as a ha ha, they did have roasted chicken and so we went to the drive thru and made our order. When we pulled up to the window we were informed that only had 3 pieces of roasted left, someone had just purchased 16 pieces. Three people were at the window to tell us this & asked did we talk to a guy. I still do not know why that was asked. We decided to go another 10 miles to McKinney to get the Golden Chick roasted chicken and again I called they were out of the roasted chicken. YES they had run out of the chicken on Easter Sunday and I suppose that they are limited on how many they are allowed to cook per day. So we decided to go to Boston Market in McKinney, I personally do not like their chicken, so I ordered meat loaf. While I was figuring out what sides I wanted, I heard Rich also order the meat loaf and he was told that they were now out of meat loaf (he ordered brisket). Well, to say that we laughed would be an understatement, we were sooooo laughing, I felt sorry for the three workers as they just stared at us as we laughed. After I got my composure I explained our adventure in trying to get roasted chicken, they laughed politely. We got our food and were still giggling about the chicken run and I said to Rich "I wonder why they (Boston Market) did not mention to us that they sold roasted chicken" and of coarse we laugh again.
No comments:
Post a Comment