Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Events

Gosh what a weekend we had.
  • We started it off Friday afternoon at Lowe's buying our Christmas Tree, a beautiful 9 foot. I usually put all the ornaments of all the years and the kids crafts, but this year I am just putting up the lights and silver balls. I really believe it look like a professional tree, I love it. Next year I will go back to the family fun gaudy tree. I stayed up until 2am and finally gave up since I couldn't reach the top to finish. Rich finished out the tree Saturday morning for us upon a ladder, I don't do ladders.
  • We met Nicholas and his family at Asian City China Buffet for lunch then off to Bass Pro Shop for photos with Santa Claus. Had a nice time getting to know Nic's new family and his sweet wife Jennifer. Her children are well behaved and polite that says alot in this day and time. We said our goodbyes with the boys wanting to stay at house, couldn't make that happen this weekend.
  • Rich and I went to pick up my anniversary ring and they had missized it and we have to wait two more weeks. I am so disappointed, but I need it to fit, so I will just deal. We went to church after and as always enjoyed praising the Lord with that large wonderful congregation. We are so blessed to have such an awesome church so close to us. We met my parents at Logan's for dinner, then off to Target and then finally home. Trixie was so happy to see us, since she had been home alone.
  • Sunday - we slept in and then worked on the house. Cleaning up and putting away all the carton and totes from our Christmas decorating. We dressed and met Rhonda and Craig Waters for dinner and comedy at the Improv in Addison. We laughed at three guys and gosh they were hilarious. Henry Cho was the headliner and his is so funny. Mike Speenberg was the 2nd opening act for the show and he was so funny. He is a generations comic. http://web.me.com/speenberg/www.speenberg.com/Home.html
  • After the show we went home and crashed. Good weekends seem to end on a tired note, but that shows we were active.

No comments: