I am a gal who is in her forties; really loves her blessed life. I have the most wonderful husband, he is so great & truly wants God's will for our lives and family. I am also mother of one daughter & I have two stepkids that have given Rich & I wonderful grandkids. Eric in 2004, Danny in 2005, Josephine in 2005 & Sam in June 2010. One more grandbaby coming first of November 2015.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
"His Way"...... or the highway?
I am unsure why I didn't publish last year, but I didn't, so here it is:
The phrase "His way or the highway" is not in the bible, but I can see that it has some truth to it. We cannot delay, change or even stop what God's plan is for our lives. He will continue His plan, we can either gracefully step out of the way, allow Him to use us cheerfully or be kicking& screaming as He continues.
My husband and I have had some changes in our life, that were all completely God's will, I do believe. I spent time fighting the inevitable and guess what even though I kicked and screamed God got the Glory and; His Way. Now that the BIG changes that affect us intimately such as living apart (for his job), selling our house, moving to a new town, my job changes and so forth, we can look back & say Thank You! Thank you, for taking care of us in spite of our doubt, fear, and begging for the changes not to occur. Thank you for giving us to each other, so we would have each other through this time in our lives, marriage and being able to say to each other, "look what God did for us and most importantly for His Kingdom.
Now with all that behind us, next time we have to make adjustments to our lives, will we remember that He has a plan & that His Kingdom will be glorified? We will remember that His way is the only way, the best way or "His way or the highway." The highway can get us going quick and fast to where we want to go, it can provide exits where we can see beautiful earthly things, but we often get lost on the highway. "His way" is proven to me multiple times that "His Way" is paved for me. He show me His love for me and He buckles me in tight and secure so when the road He has paved may have dips and bumps I will be safe on His Highway to.......... Heaven. Yes I did just type that
I do enjoy the smooth road of "His way" better that than the dips and bumps, but I know that "His way" is the only way. When we are on His road, He will use us to reach others and encourage them to make a U-Turn, and join us to fill up His house.
"And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled." Luke 14:23
"And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness; it will be for those who walk on that Way. The unclean will not journey on it; wicked fools will not go about on it." Isaiah 35:8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment