Monday, December 14, 2009

This weekend I am Grateful

Friday I went to work only to turn around and go home, the bug or a bug or something got me and I just felt horrible. Saturday I felt a little better, Sunday a little worse then last night I just felt awful again. I could not sleep but I could pray. I pray all day about everything, but I do not stop and rest in Him. This night I prayed for many things but mostly I counted my blessings and before I knew it I was praising God for not making my cold go away. He will soften our hearts and he will whisper in our ear, if we take time to hear him.

I am so grateful for the people that are in my life, while writing the Christmas letters and addressing them with Rich I found so uplifting. I remember people and events that I haven't thought about in years. People that really made impact in my life and I prayed for them. I don't know where some of these people are with Christ, so I prayed for salvation in their life or just peace. I thanked the Lord for giving me a Godly husband, good parents, healthy children, good friends and those precious grandkids. My friends are very important to me because I do not have siblings to cling to in crisis' or to celebrate wonderful events. So I depend on my friends to be my siblings and the true friends have been there for me over and over again. I hope that they will say I have been half the blessing they have been for me and my family. I feel such joy and praise for living in a world where the devil is constantly attempting to take my joy away and I won't let him have it. I have real Joy in Christ my Savior.

1 comment:

AMY said...

I'm glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find yours! I look forward to keeping up with you guys here too. The design in the fireplace is a cross at the top in the tile. See you tomorrow.